Prayer is the key to effective evangelism. Without prayer, it is impossible to change the cities that we live and serve in. To pray effectively for the lost souls, we must make it our top priority just like Jesus did.
Our Prayer Partners
- Believe that fasting and praying works and applies it to their life
- Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit while praying
- Are responsible to pray for the street ministers while they are ministering in the streets.
- Sign up for segments of fifteen minutes of prayer and are given specific requests to pray about whenever necessary.
- Take the responsibility to pray over each prayer request given to them by the street ministers.
- Covers the ministry and the direction God is taking it.
What should we all pray for:
- We need to pray for peace. “But whatever house you enter, first say, “Peace to this house.” Luke 10.5
- Pray for the Workers. “Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into the harvest.” Luke 10.2
- Pray for the opportunity to preach the gospel. “…meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains.” Colossians 4.3
- Pray for Salvation. “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3.9
- Ask God to give all ministers boldness to preach the gospel. “Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word.” Acts 4.29
- We need to pray for the word to run swiftly. “Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith.” Thessalonians 3.1,2
If you feel God’s calling to be part of the prayer partner team please contact Judy Fraaza: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vanguard Street Ministry is a subsidiary of Urban Alliance Inc. Urban Alliance is a non profit involved with street ministry, housing, employment and business mentoring. Click here to find out more.