Vanguard Street Ministry seeks to connect the broken people of inner city neighborhoods with area agencies and ministries through an aggressive program of street ministry.
We believe that working together, the “Body of Christ” will restore entire cities and those living in them to wholeness in spirit, soul and body.
How will we do this?
Evangelize, Affirm, Disciple, & Send
1. Evangelize: Search for the broken through a strategic approach to street ministry.
- Know the neighborhood-work every street and at different times.
- Find “hot spots” and place ministers there at the same time and same place.
- Develop a relationship based on trust, respect and unconditional love.
2. Affirm: Connect the broken with a mentor who can connect them with the appropriate area ministry or agency.
- Partners with area churches to provide spiritual support, mentors & small group leaders.
- Partners with area agencies in order to meet physical and emotional needs.
- Partners with businesses to provide jobs and job training.
3. Disciple: Walk with the broken until they are fully restored.
- Ensure they continue to seek help to prevent backsliding.
- Invest them into a church community and their own community. (2 Tim 2:2)
- Equip & train them in spiritual truths through discipleship.
4. Send: Duplicate ourselves in others
- Train & equip leaders
- Send out to the harvest
Vanguard Street Ministry is a subsidiary of Urban Alliance Inc. Urban Alliance is a non profit involved with street ministry, housing, employment and business mentoring. Click here to find out more.